.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Mutualist Blog: Free Market Anti-Capitalism

To dissolve, submerge, and cause to disappear the political or governmental system in the economic system by reducing, simplifying, decentralizing and suppressing, one after another, all the wheels of this great machine, which is called the Government or the State. --Proudhon, General Idea of the Revolution

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northwest Arkansas, United States

Monday, July 04, 2005

Help Needed

Arthur Silber, who fell on hard times a couple of years ago, is apparently near the breaking point with health and financial problems.

I don’t even know if or when anyone will see this. In any case, it now seems inevitable that I will be evicted in the next few months. I’m beyond caring for myself now. I’ll do my very best to find homes for my cats; otherwise, they go to the city pound where they’ll probably be killed. I’ll never forgive myself if that happens....

If I decide to call a halt to this, I’ll probably take the site down entirely. If I’m unable to continue with writing for whatever combination of reasons, it would be unfair to impose on my host any further, simply to keep the site up. So if you want to save any essays, be my guest. May you have better luck with them than I did. If that happens, I should be able to provide at least a few weeks’ notice.

Goodbye for now. Perhaps at some point, I’ll have a fully working blog again. I’m just discouraged beyond my ability to express it. I’m about ready to give this up entirely, along with everything else. Well, that’s it. I don’t have anything else to say. My apologies for imposing on your time.

If anyone has a little something to spare to help him weather this storm, he's definitely a worthy cause--just use the Paypal button on his site. Arthur is a pretty decent guy who's done some excellent writing in the past, and will do a lot more when he gets past this load of shit that's fallen on him.

For an example of the quality of work you'll be supporting, check out these two multi-part essays: I Accuse: To Those Who Pave the Way for the New Fascism and The Roots of Horror. I also recommend this essay: In Praise of Contextual Libertarianism.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home